There are many opportunities for students to get involved with the conference. Students needing financial support to attend the conference are encourage to apply to the following.
All students who receive travel support are asked to post to this blog before and after the event to share your stories and experiences (at least two postings please!). You will receive instructions on posting to the blog after notification of acceptance.
Travel support includes: Volunteering, SRC, PLMW, and PAC reimbursement
PLDI has a Student Volunteer Program for more information on the Student Volunteer program, please see this link for more details.
PLDI has a Student Research Competition for Graduate and Undergraduate students, please see this link for more details.
The ACM SIGPLAN PAC Funds can support travel, accommodation and registration for Students. For more information see http://www.sigplan.org/PAC/.
Limited funds are available to support student participation at PLDI. Priority will be given to those students (in this order) who
- Are an author on a PLDI paper
- Are an author on a paper at a PLDI co-located conference, workshop, or symposium (see the list via the link under the Tracks pull down menu)
- Participate in the PLDI Student Research Competition (SRC) - more on this at the link above
- (Help) Lead an PLDI tutorial
- Participate as a student volunteer (and are from outside of the area) – more on this at the link above
- Submitted a paper to PLDI or to a PLDI conference, workshop, or symposium (see the list via the link under the Tracks pull down menu)
- Students who wish to attend the conference
Other restrictions apply depending on the amount of funds available. More details are provided on the PAC Page.